30 Before 30 Final Wrap-Up
Well it’s official. I’m old. I made it to 30 but didn’t complete everything on my list. I’m okay with that but it gives me some ideas as to what I may like to do in upcoming months/years so that I can eventually meet all of my goals.
- Run a 5k.
- Road trip with the BF – The BF and I headed up to Lutsen last weekend and though it was right after my birthday, I’m gonna count it!
- Do a random act of kindness at least 1 time per month. Cleaned, weeded garden and made dinner for the BF.
- Learn to water ski – I’ve missed a couple of opportunities here and I’m a bit bummed but I really haven’t pushed it so I can’t blame anyone but myself!
- Volunteer – grrr! really? I’m mad that this hasn’t happened.
- Go camping again (more than once) – Didn’t happen but maybe this fall again when we have a few more available weekends.
- Read 10 classic books- These are the books I’ve finished:
- The Secret Garden
- Wuthering Heights
- The Mysterious Island
- The Jungle
- Heart of Darkness
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Treasure Island
- Pride and Prejudice
- The Wind in the Willows
- I haven’t read a 10th one….I mis-judged how long it would take me to read these!
- Add $ to emergency savings and end up with more than what I use! – Still working on this one.
Spend a day pampering myself- massage, pedicure, etc–
- Go out for a really fancy dinner one night, all dressed up
Make homemade limoncello–
- Plan (and save for) a lovely vacation with the BF.- A trip to visit my brother and sister in law is sort of in the works for this fall.
- Visit brother in NV (2 for 1 with road trip??)
- Cook a 3 course meal for someone
- Take a cooking class (to learn how to cook a 3 course meal?)
- See a live concert – I saw the Johnny Holm band and another local singer live and in person this month.
- Go to a MLB game outside of Target Field
Order a martini at a bar and drink it!
- Have a drink at the Guthrie on the Endless Bridge
Make a successful Pinterest craft that can be displayed Invest in a good pair of running shoes
- Play Walmart Bingo
Send out hand-written Christmas cards to my close friends and family Use at least part of my tax return for something completely and utterly frivolous.
- Spend more time with my family. Going home this weekend to see my parents!
- Watch 5 movies off of AFI’s top 100 films. So far this is what I’ve watched:
- Silence of the Lambs
- FAILED on this one!
- Tour a state capital
- Go to the Boundary Waters
Go para-sailing in Mexico– Go to the Mill City Farmer’s Market and do some taste testing!
So overall I don’t think I did too terribly but I know some of them could have gone better. I just need to move closer to the Twin Cities so I can accomplish more.